Saturday, February 12, 2011

Epic oversight.

Last night my waist measured the same as it had on January 1st. I've had pretty significant inch loss since that time, but not in my waist.

I've been thinking about this a lot in the last few days. Also, a lot of conversations have been had and suggestions given. There are some factors that I had previously blown off as possibilities, but I'm starting to think they may have some validity. Being paleo, I've added a lot of fat to my diet. I've known for a while that not having a gallbladder could have an affect on my digestion, but I was thinking some epic reaction would occur and I'd be able to say "Oh! That happened. I guess I should limit fat now," but that situation didn't happen. Well...I hadn't noted that it happened.

So now I'm seeing that maybe this issue I've been noting for a long time (as well as other digestive issues) could be that epic moment. I'm still going to cook with coconut oil, but I'm going to limit my Kerrygold consumption for the rest of the month and see if that helps.

So to recap all the February fun:
phase out legumes
restart taking my digestive enzyme
no extra smothering of the Kerrygold (aka limit the excess fat)
no more cheat days

Oh. I don't think I've written about that last one. I've decided to not have cheat days. Even when I try really hard, I can't make it work and then it takes days to recover, even when I haven't had gluten. So no more cheat days. I will have a cheat meal once a week though. An entire day is just too much.

These are all pretty easy fixes. I'll give this a fair try for a little while and see what happens. If nothing changes, I'll explore the other possibilities—namely getting my hormone levels tested. I fear if something is off, my doctor is going to haphazardly prescribe meds (she's always quick to tell me how Ibuprofen can cure all) and I'd rather a prescription be a last resort. Also my yearly physical is coming up in April and I'd like to wait until then to see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment