Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Dairy Diaries and a Challenge

I'm glad I didn't have any dairy for a week. Mostly I'm glad because I got to see firsthand that I don't need it on foods to enhance taste. Even more, I realized the way I was using cheese merely masked the taste of already great food.

The thing is, I never really ate a lot of dairy anyway. I'd have milk on cereal and cheese on my sandwiches and Parmesan cheese sprinkled on my pasta. I'm not eating those things now though. Eliminating dairy, for me, was about eliminating those things. Now that they aren't a factor, I'm better able to focus on the other types of dairy I could be eating—yogurt and cottage cheese and much better for you raw cheeses.

I'm still undecided about milk. For now, I'll probably just use the kids' rice milk if I need any. I also have a recipe for almond milk that I'm excited to try out.

I forgot about The Primal Blueprint 30 Day Challenge at Mark's Daily Apple this month. Now that I've been reminded of it, I should mention he's been posting countless links and suggestions for going Primal, as well as lots of recipes and snack ideas. I'm stoked to start trying some new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment