Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 28

Meal #1 6:45am
soup



Comments:
It is so cold. My legs hurt so much. I don't remember if I've mentioned this. A few days ago it was my right thigh. Yesterday and today it's my left knee and some of that thigh. It is this "to the bone", deep penetrating ache that just will not go away. When I'm moving it hurts less, but any time I flex the muscle, it hurts more.

Sarah from Everyday Paleo posted on facebook yesterday asking people to share what the first good result they discovered after going Paleo. People said that leg pain went away or if they reintroduced a food, the leg cramps. Others said they'd get cold symptoms. It's an interesting correlation.

When I made the pie, I had to use Allergy Boy's butter and it does have soy in it. I used less than four tablespoons in the whole thing. Otherwise I haven't knowingly ingested any grains or anything non-paleo/primal. I will be looking into this later today though.

Meal #2 8:45am
two egg scrambles
1/2 apple with almond butter
coffee with heavy whipping cream and some coconut milk



Meal #3 3:15pm
sirloin
peppers and avocado



Comments:
Holy sirloin, how I've missed you!

I've been working in the basement and garage since 9am. This is the first break I've taken, hence the first time I've eaten since then. I am so hungry.

Meal #4 6:45pm
pork chop
goat cheese
peppers



Comments:
I just walked for two hours. Walking again is so nice! The sun wasn't out like it was this afternoon, but at least it wasn't as cold as yesterday. I definitely worked up an appetite.

Snack #1 7:15pm
1/2 apple
20 assorted nuts

*no picture*

Comments:
I was still really hungry after dinner.

Meal #5 10:15pm
tuna with mayo
Sticky Sticks
smoothie



Comments:
"Five meals?!" you might say. Yes, five. I've been up for 16 hours and I had a good long walk today. It's been a really great, productive day. This whole week has been really good.

My smoothie is a concoction tonight. Instead of using almond butter, I just put some cashews and pecans in the mix. They don't really add much besides texture. I also remembered I have unsweetened coconut flakes, so I threw some of those in too. It's not as good as my normal smoothie, but it's a nice change of pace.

This meal might be the oddest mishmash of food flavor yet. The salty tuna versus the sweet smoothie versus the rich, tarty taste from the Sticks. It's something new in every bite. Everything has a very distinct texture too.

This week has, and will continue to be, very hectic. I have some things planned for next week though that I keep meaning to rectify. I am going to make my own mayonnaise and I need to find dried cranberries that don't have added sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment