Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Desserts and Realizations

I started out at a grocery store tonight that doesn't carry coconut milk ice cream. I was checking the ingredients in the ice creams and it's baffling the amount of crap that goes into ice cream. It's also interesting to note that there are just some ingredients I will not ingest no matter what. I can't turn that part of my brain off anymore. I know I won't ever knowingly ingest some ingredients again. High fructose corn syrup, regular corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, artificial dyes, artificial sweeteners. The moment I see these ingredients, a product is automatically off limits. It's strange. I never thought it would be this easy.

Since starting the primal/paleo* thing, I've quickly grown accustomed to no legumes, beans, milk, dairy, gluten, grains. I've still only skimmed the surface of the Dos and Don'ts, but I've been kind of busy. I'll get there. So far there are some things I like and some I don't like. My body is still adjusting. I've felt weirdly bloated today and that doesn't seem right. We'll see how the weekend goes.

Occasionally if I want something and it's not time to eat yet, I'll have some Glee gum. It doesn't have the normal store bought ingredients in it. I try not to chew it a lot, but sometimes a girl just wants a piece of gum. Anyway, I found yesterday that I was maybe getting bloated after the gum. It's just something I wanted to note.


*I haven't officially decided on going Paleo. I'm weighing it as an option and following some of it for now, but I'm still researching both Primal and Paleo lifestyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment