Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 14

6:30am
I'm trying to remember if I felt this bloated and uncomfortable yesterday before all the fruit and I can't remember. The fruit side effects in the past have mostly gone away within a few hours. Has it been since I started eating the bacon? Is it the bacon? I should check the salt content. I am seriously bummed, but I'm going to stay away from the bacon today. Whatever it is that has me feeling this way, I wish that would go away.

Looking over what I've eaten in the last few days, other possible culprits could be the funnel cake, the pancakes or the fresh mozzarella. Two out of the three shouldn't be an issue since I haven't eaten them again. Perhaps I'll take a break from the cheese today too.

Also, I'm craving spinach. Is that weird? After I feel back to normal, I think I'm going to buy some. I haven't had it in awhile and if I watch what I eat, hopefully the oxalate levels won't mess with me.

eta at 7:30am:
I overlooked the tomato. I'd lay money down that that's the culprit. I made a mental note two weeks ago that maybe tomatoes were giving me a problem. Then when I didn't do the farmer's market, I didn't have tomatoes for a week and didn't have any problems. Alright, I'll cut the mozzarella and tomatoes. Bacon goes back in the mix for now.

Meal #1 8:30am
two eggs
sauteed vegetables
bacon



Comments:
Note to self. Read blogs after you make breakfast. This way you can actually eat on time.

I'm having some orange juice with breakfast because I read that vitamin C counters the effects of the nitrates in bacon. I have no idea if this is true—I'll need to do more research—but I figured it was worth the precaution.

Snack #1 11:45am
smoothie
20 assorted nuts



Comments:
I decided just to eat nuts with the smoothie today. I figured I'd want them after anyway. There's no sense in not eating enough and then just wanting to snack on stuff afterward. I'm full now and satisfied.

Meal #2 3:45pm
tuna with 1/2 tbsp mayo
avocado and pepper slices



Meal #3 7pm
sirloin and boneless pork ribs
cauliflower
sweet potato fries



Comments:
How did I not eat today? It's strange how I never really thought about it.

The meat tonight was so freaking good. I can't wait until I can have leftovers tomorrow! The sweet potato fries were probably not Primal, but they weren't too against it either.

I've felt unbelievably bloated and distended today. Any time this feeling wants to go away would be great with me.

The kids have taken to wanting me to photograph their food as well. Tonight they wanted a group photo of the food plates.



Snack #2 9:45pm
3oz Greek yogurt with cinnamon and nutmeg
banana and almond butter sandwiches



Comments:
Against my better judgment I'm eating this yogurt. It's a new brand; same one from last night though. I hope it's not what's making me feel sick. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if I still feel this way.

eta:
I didn't finish the yogurt. I maybe ate half. It just isn't that great. There's no sense in eating something I'm not even enjoying.

Snack #3 12:15am
20 almonds



Comments:
I still haven't learned my lesson. I worked out late again and needed to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment