Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 17

Meal #1 7:45am
two eggs
peppers, carrots, mushrooms



Comments:
Look! It's before 8!

I started experimenting with turmeric today. I've been doing research on it for a while now, but kept forgetting to pick some up at the store. There are a plethora of good side effects and I'm really excited to try it out. I was expecting it to be...bolder than it was. Next time I'll use more.

I'm getting really good at paying attention to when my body needs food and I only eat at those times. I still need to work on how much I eat at one time. I am so full. Oddly enough, I've found that the times when I'm really full, I want to eat something else to counteract the feeling. I know that sounds counterintuitive, but nonetheless that's how it feels. I'm getting a lot better about not indulging that feeling. Now I just need to stop typing on here while I eat and actually pay attention and stop eating when I start to get full.

Snack #1 11:30am
smoothie with spinach
20 assorted nuts



Comments:
I remembered to drink the smoothie slowly today.

Meal #2 1:45pm
1/4 of a burger (the boy stole half of the half)
pepper slices
celery with peanut butter and craisins



Comments:
Makeshift meal on the go! And I got three dozen cartons of pastured eggs!

Meal #3 3:15pm
sirloin and pork ribs
avocado and pepper



Comments:
Best pepper ever.

Meal #4 6pm
coconut curry chicken
20 assorted nuts







Comments:
I've been wanting to make this for a few days now. After it finished cooking, I realize I could have steamed some cauliflower and used that in place of rice. Nonetheless, it was still awesome without any rice.

I added about a tablespoon of rice milk, instead of adding a pinch of sugar. I just wanted a little "sweet" to balance out the curry and turmeric.

I had the nuts a half hour after dinner.

Snack #2 7:45pm
1/2 apple
banana and almond butter sandwiches



Comments:
I don't know if it's because I talked about food most of the day or because I haven't really been hungry and it was catching up with me or from a lack of a 5 mile walk, but I was hungry a lot again today. Anything is possible.

I tried to only eat when my body needed more food, but sometimes I think it was my head telling me what to do.

I feel a bit better today. Much better than yesterday at least. We'll see how the rest of the night goes.

Meal #umm...5? 12am
pastured eggs with avocado
condiment cup of leftover dinner

Look at those beautiful pastured egg yolks! I'm in love. I can't even bear to put mayo in these.





Comments:
No mayo. I did add a slice of a super ripe avocado though, just to make it a little less crumbly. These eggs are so good.

I am out of vegetables so I just snagged some (as well as some chicken) from the leftover coconut curry tonight.

I worked out (earlier than normal) and did the food thing and now it's sleep time...before I pass out from exhaustion from my killer workout.

1 comment: