Thursday, September 2, 2010

Garlic Ginger Chicken with Orange Juice Sauce

Garlic Ginger Chicken with Orange Juice Sauce
Chicken tenderloins
Jasmine rice
Carrots
Broccoli
Cauliflower
orange juice
Coconut oil

seasonings: basil, oregano, pepper, garlic, fresh ginger

I cut up the tenderloins into chunks and sauteed them in coconut oil and seasoned them with basil, oregano, pepper and garlic. Once the chicken was cooked through, I shredded fresh ginger over it and poured orange juice into the pan, covering the bottom. I let it simmer for a couple minutes until it thicken up a bit and then added some more orange juice and repeated the process. This created a nice orange juice syrup that perfectly complemented the ginger and garlic flavor.

I made a batch of Jasmine rice and lightly steamed the vegetables.

When I put the rice in the bowl, I poured a little orange juice over it, just to bump up the flavor a little more then added veggies and some chicken and it was ready to eat!

Next time I will steam the cauliflower separately, so it's a little bit softer and I'll eliminate the rice completely. The cauliflower will make a perfect substitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment